List on dbForge Products
( I will try to be comprehensive )
SQL Server Database Tools
- dbForge Studio for SQL Server
- dbForge SQL Complete
- dbForge Index Manager for SQL Server
- dbForge Data Pump for SQL Server
- dbForge Fusion for SQL Server
- dbForge Data Generator for SQL Server
- dbForge Transaction Log
- dbForge Documenter for SQL Server
- dbForge Source Control for SQL Server
- dbForge SQL Tools
- dbForge Compare Bundle for SQL Server
- dbForge Query Builder for SQL Server
- dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server
- dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server
MySQL Database Tools
- dbForge Data Compare for MySQL
- dbForge Fusion for MySQL
- dbForge Documenter for MySQL
- dbForge Studio for MySQL
- dbForge Compare Bundle for MySQL
- dbForge Query Builder for MySQL
- dbForge Data Generator for MySQL
- dbForge Schema Compare for MySQL
ORACLE Database Tools
- dbForge Compare Bundle for Oracle
- dbForge Studio for Oracle
- dbForge Data Generator for Oracle
- dbForge Schema Compare for Oracle
- dbForge Documenter for Oracle
- dbForge Fusion for Oracle
- dbForge Data Compare for Oracle
POSTGRESQL Database Tools
- dbForge Data Compare for PostgreSQL
- dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL
- dotConnect for Oracle
- dotConnect for Zoho CRM
- dotConnect for SugarCRM
- dotConnect for Magento
- dotConnect for QuickBooks
- dotConnect for Dynamics CRM
- dotConnect for BigCommerce
- dotConnect for MailChimp
- dotConnect for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- dotConnect for SQLite
- dotConnect for Salesforce
- dotConnect for SQL Server
- dotConnect for DB2
- dotConnect for PostgreSQL
- dotConnect for MySQL
- dotConnect Universal
Delphi Data Access Components
- Universal Data Access Components
- PostgreSQL Data Access Components
- Oracle Data Access Components
- SQL Server Data Access Components
- MySQL Data Access Components
- Virtual Data Access Components
- SQLite Data Access Components
- InterBase Data Access Components
- Excel Add-in for NetSuite
- Excel Add-in for Mailchimp
- Excel Add-in for QuickBooks
- Excel Add-in for BigCommerce
- Excel Add-in for Magento
- Excel Add-in for SQL Server
- Excel Add-in for SQLite
- Excel Add-in for HubSpot
- Excel Add-in Database Pack
- Excel Add-in for Zendesk
- Excel Add-in Cloud Pack
- Excel Add-in Universal Pack
- Excel Add-in for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Excel Add-in for Freshdesk
- Excel Add-in for SugarCRM
- Excel Add-in for Oracle
- Excel Add-in for Dynamics CRM
- Excel Add-in for PostgreSQL
- Excel Add-in for Zoho CRM
- Excel Add-in for MySQL
- Excel Add-in for Shopify
- Excel Add-in for Salesforce
SSIS Data Flow Components
- SSIS Integration Database Bundle
- SSIS Integration Universal Bundle
- SSIS Data Flow Components for PostgreSQL
- SSIS Data Flow Components for MySQL
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Google BigQuery
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce
- SSIS Data Flow Components for MailChimp
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Amazon Redshift
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Stripe
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Freshdesk
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Freshdesk
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Zoho Desk
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Zoho Invoice
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Zoho Inventory
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Shopify
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Zoho Books
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Streak
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Pipedrive
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Insightly CRM
- SSIS Data Flow Components for HubSpot
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Freshworks CRM
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Snowflake
- SSIS Data Flow Components for NetSuite
- SSIS Data Flow Components for ActiveCampaign
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Oracle
- SSIS Integration Cloud Bundle
- SSIS Data Flow Components for QuickBooks
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Zoho CRM
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Dynamics CRM
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Magento
- SSIS Data Flow Components for SugarCRM
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- SSIS Data Flow Components for DB2
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Twitter Ads
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Google Analytics
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Google Ads
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Zoho People
- SSIS Data Flow Components for WordPress
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Podio
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Jira
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Asana
- SSIS Data Flow Components for ShipStation
- SSIS Data Flow Components for DEAR Inventory
- SSIS Data Flow Components for Slack
- SSIS Data Flow Components for SurveyMonkey
- SSIS Data Flow Components for SendPulse
- SSIS Data Flow Components for EmailOctopus
- ODBC Driver for MailChimp
- ODBC Driver for HubSpot
- ODBC Driver for Amazon Redshift
- ODBC Driver for Salesforce
- ODBC Driver for Oracle
- ODBC Driver for Dynamics CRM
- ODBC Driver for xBase
- ODBC Driver for Zoho CRM
- ODBC Driver for Dynamics 365
- ODBC Driver for SQL Server
- ODBC Driver for NexusDB
- ODBC Driver for MongoDB
- ODBC Driver for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- ODBC Driver for PostgreSQL
- ODBC Driver for MySQL
- ODBC Driver for SQLite
- ODBC Driver for SQL Azure
- ODBC Driver for BigCommerce
- ODBC Driver for Magento
- ODBC Driver for SugarCRM
- ODBC Driver for FreshBooks
- ODBC Driver for QuickBooks
- ODBC Driver for InterBase
- ODBC Driver for Firebird
- ODBC Driver for NetSuite
- ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery
- ODBC Driver for ASE
- dbExpress Driver for SQLite
- dbExpress Driver for Oracle
- dbExpress Driver for MySQL
- dbExpress Driver for PostgreSQL
- dbExpress Driver for InterBase
- dbExpress Driver for SQL Server
- Code Review Bundle
- Code Compare
- Review Assistant
- Entity Developer
Free Products / Tools
- dbForge Studio for SQL Server Express / MySQL Express / Oracle Express / PostgreSQL Express ** Free Edition **
- dbForge DevOps Automation for SQL Server
- dbForge Schema Compare for PostgreSQL
- dbForge SQL Complete Express / SQL Decryptor
- dbForge Event Profiler for SQL Server
- dbForge Search / Monitor
- SQL Formatter for SQL Server
- Excel Add-ins (some)
- ADO.NET Data Providers (some)
- Delphi Data Access Components (some)
- Other Products ( Code Compare, Review Assistant, T4 Editor, dbMonitor)
Honestly it is overwhelming. I mean a lot of products. Maybe its just broken into smaller chunks to create more individual items to be able to sell maybe it is necessary to have this many products this specifically packaged.
Sure I would not want to be on their sales department cause just to learn all the different products they sell and develop let alone the bundles and the way you can combine them together its a huge undertaking in my opinion so kudos for their sales department I am sure it is not an easy job.
Apart from the amount of tools and products once you overcome this generic shock the sheer amount of the different items cause once the dust settle you probably can figure out your way how to navigate through their different product offerings and categories.
I would split in my mind as below but feel free to disagree or do it a better way which suits You.
Tools for Developers like ODBC Drivers, DBExpress Drivers, SSIS Data Flow Components, Delphi and ADO.NET providers so they can program the desired applications or user interfaces to join the pieces together for the End Users.(( I would call them Data Visualizers later it makes sense )) They make the Database Engines / Servers and the Custom Applications or Web Apps on the users computer work in a seamless and easy to use manner without the need for them to know a line of code or get into configuring different pieces to work together to achieve the desired results.
(( need to know programming and not necessarily need to know data ))
Tools for Data Scientists like the Studio products and Database Tools (Compare, Schema, Data Generators, Query Tools) so they can work and mold the data inside the databases ( not necessarily working with special applications and for example websites built by the developers but working with the data on the Database Engine directly)
(( need to know data but not programming 🙂 )
Tools for Data Analysts whom are in my opinion one step above a generic End User whom might be using the Custom Applications or Web Apps developed by the Developers but perhaps not doing that much in depth analytics or deep dive into the data and its meaning or trends than Data Analysts. I might be mistaken tough … Its just my intuition . With the Excel-Add-Ins They are the end users who are neither programmers (developers) nor Data Scientists working with the Data directly on the Database Severs but they make sense and meaning out of the data from the databases via Excel and these Excel Add-Ins or perhaps PowerBI to present it in a Visually Pleasing and Humanly Understandable Manner while they are obviosuly more tech savvy then a generic end user who perhaps open a report from PowerBI or Excel to look at some data already present there but not actually getting into analyzing it or digging deep and customize it any further that is why I referred to them as Data Visualizers above kind of like they are using it with a R/O access the data available to them while the Data Analysts I see more someone with a Limited – R/W access and with a much broader toolset to achieve his/her goal.
Today I want to talk about some of Devart’s paid products
They just had big Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales / deals with up to 50% off on certain products.
A New Year Sale is coming up
If you were unable to pick anything up or missed it completely you can use the below coupon code to get 10% discount for Studio and SQL Tools
(( thats TSRPODCAST spelled wrong 🙂 ))
Two key reasons why choose dbForge products ahead of the competition:
- Perpetual Licenses –
No Subscription here.. You buy it once and You use it / own it
- Discount Programs–
Can save money participating in many Devart Discount Programs
dbForge Studio for MySQL
dbForge Studio for MySQL is a powerful GUI tool for MySQL and MariaDB for database administration, management, and development.
It is a full-fledged IDE that helps create and execute queries, develop and debug stored routines, automate database object management, compare and synchronize databases, analyze table data, and much more. Its rich functionality is delivered under an intuitive interface.
It is the perfect tool to transition to from MySQL Workbench for those who are looking for a broader set of features and increased performance.
It contains everything you need to work with MySQL databases more effectively.
Let me talk about some of its features. For a complete and exhaustive list of features and information please visit:
Compare the different Editions:
Code Snippets and Code Formatting are the most precious features of the dbForge Studio for MySQL tool.
- Extensive code snippets library
- Ample formatting options
- Formatting profiles to suit any taste
- Formatting code from the Command Line
MySQL Code Snippets
Snippets are small reusable chunks of code that can be easily inserted in scripts when needed.
The Code Snippets functionality facilitates entering repetitive code patterns and thus saves substantial time and effort. You can use the pre-defined snippets supplied with dbForge Studio for MySQL, or create your own. The use of snippets puts you in the driver’s seat – you code faster and make fewer typos. Handy MySQL Snippets Manager
Studio’s Snippets Manager allows adding new snippets and deleting or modifying the existing ones. In the Manager, you can add and modify snippet shortcuts, literals, and the snippet text itself.
Database Compare and Sync
When modifying MySQL database structure, transferring data between servers, analyzing differences between databases, you will:
- Compare and sync data and schemas
- Schedule regular database sync tasks
- Generate comparison report
Fill MySQL databases with external data using our export and import tools. They support more than 10 popular data formats and allow customizing the whole process. Templates, automating data import and data export tasks through command line are also available.
Transfer MySQL Server databases from one server instance to another with a handy Copy Databases tool. The tool allows you to:
- Customize copying settings
- Copy databases together with data
- Drop a database if it already exists on a target server
Use database diagram for creating, analyzing, reverse-engineering, printing and customizing your MySQL databases and for:
- Viewing foreign key relations
- Displaying DB objects with properties
- Execution of stored routines
Visual Query Builder
Visual query creation with diagram and expression editor. Queries of any complexity can be created in several seconds. The GUI tool automatically adds joins between tables and allows working with INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements.
Populate your MySQL tables with thousands of rows of realistic test data. Data Generator supports all MySQL data types, includes a large number of meaningful generators with customizable settings, and allows generating data via the command-line interface.
Sophisticated MySQL Formatter
Level-up your scripting abilities with the advanced formatting tool that allows beautifying your code to get it exactly as you like it. The tool is highly customizable and MySQL formatting behavior can be easily configured to fit even the most demanding needs.
Let dbForge Studio for MySQL take care of formatting your queries and spend the freed up time on what really matters – making your code work flawlessly. MySQL Formatter Wizard allows formatting SQL code in multiple files or even folders in the wink of an eye. With the bulk formatting option, you can quickly and easily enforce common coding standards within a team or organization.
Built-in formatting profiles
dbForge Studio for MySQL boasts the ability to add new and customize the existing formatting profiles. The default profile can be easily modified up to your needs. On top of that, you can create any number of your own profiles that would comply with the required formatting standards.
Switch between profiles in one click
With this option, you can work in the style you prefer and then easily switch to your team profile when you are ready to deliver. Hundreds of users report the MySQL formatting functionality to be irreplaceable in their everyday work.
The first debugger for MySQL offers step-by-step code execution, breakpoints, watches, a call stack, a variables evaluation mechanism to automate debugging of MySQL stored routines and triggers, and keeps MySQL server’s logic during the execution of the stored procedure.
Tools for MySQL database administration and management include means for:
- Managing user privileges
- MySQL service control
- Managing server variables
- Table maintenance
- Managing server sessions
The Database Project is a collection of SQL scripts and query files which allows you to logically organize them in one place and in an offline mode. With this technology you can compare a database project with a database, by receiving a synchronized script, and deploy database changes.
Visual designer for modifying or creating table structure, indexes, primary keys, defaults, and CHECK constraints. Get full control over the changes you have made. The heuristics feature will suggest a column type on creating a column based on the name you enter.
A tool for generation of MySQL and MariaDB database documentation. Documenter allows you to:
- Retrieve an overview of the database structure
- View inter-object and inter-database dependencies
- Customize documentation with style templates
- Generate documentation files in the HTML, PDF and Markdown formats
the Command Line
dbForge Studio for MySQL supports a command-line interface thus allowing you to quickly and easily automate and schedule your formatting tasks.
This option lets you automatically format multiple MySQL scripts as a pre-commit hook or as a Continuous Integration (CI) step, which can significantly simplify time-wasting and laborious DevOps operations.
Intelligent SQL Coding
Intelligent code completion, formatting, MySQL prompt, and code snippets bring convenience and effectiveness to your SQL code writing. Code navigation, obtaining quick object information, and syntax check are performed instantly.
Data Generator for MySQL
I mention Data Generator cause for me it is as useful as any other tool in devart’s products to be able to fill my test tables and databases with meaningful real-life like data to able to test and fine tune a design before it even considered to be discussed as a candidate for a production environment.
(SQL tools, mysql tools, oracle tools, postgresql tools)
SQL Tools product from devart when looking at the comparison at devart’s website there are only a few differences here and there what one tool can or can not do compared to the other ( Database Tools Vs Studio products). When I tried to sum the differences up in a clear manner in a couple of words I could not do it so I suggest you check it out for yourself to see which one has or does not have the given function you require.
While in the case of SQL Tools there is an option as much as I can see to get the 15 tools together as SQL Tools Vs the individual items ( such as Query Builder or Schema Compare) there is no Tools’ set grouping the individual items of the same for the other Database Engines ( MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) unfortunately.
Probably it is because of SQL being more popular than the other platforms or engines?
I think it could be nice to buy like in the case of SQL Tools to have all the tools in one package for a discounted price instead of the need to purchase them piece by piece ( Data Generator, Data Compare , Schema Compare, Query Builder, Documenter , Fusion) except the occasional mini bundles of 2-3 items of the tools here and there for Oracle and PostgreSQL and MySQL tools as well.
I feel there is a fine line and certain overlap in features and possibilities between these two product families.
For many the individual tools or in case of SQL Tools ( the set of tools) are enough for their need/s but for Database Development I think the Studio tools are the best suited as they offer most probably everything you might need.
I think if you work or study anything related with Databases these tools can be very useful for you to get things done quicker and in a more efficient manner from a leading developers of database management software, ALM solutions and data providers for most popular database servers.
I wish their apps or at least the main Studio ones were available for Linux as well. It would be a great alternative to Jetbrains Datagrip and Navicat Premium 16 both of which run under Linux and one of the only applications which does close to what devart’s Studio does.
Free SQL Courses
- Relational Database Curriculum (freeCodeCamp)
- SQL Tutorial – Full Database Course for Beginners (freeCodeCamp)
- Learn SQL In 60 Minutes (Web Dev Simplified)
- SQL For Beginners Tutorial (Amigoscode)
- MySQL Database – Full Course (freeCodeCamp)
- MySQL Tutorial for Beginners – Full Course (Programming with Mosh)
- MySQL Crash Course | Learn SQL (Traversy Media)
- SQL for Data Science (UC Davis)